A Positive Attitude
A positive attitude is crucial for a woman entrepreneur. One of the best ways to keep your attitude in check is with positive affirmations. Affirmations are short, encouraging statements that state the truth or reality of something. They’re used to influence the conscious and subconscious mind, using positive thoughts that support you in achieving your business goals. In addition, they’ll help you manage stress and feel confident in yourself. Affirmations for entrepreneurs offer a positive outlook, motivation, and support throughout the entrepreneurial journey.
They’re beneficial for:
- Encouraging you to remain positive and confident about your business’s direction
- Helping you stay motivated and keep moving forward
- Pushing you to realize your business goals
- Managing feelings of doubt and uncertainty
- Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones to keep a good attitude
As an entrepreneur or business owner, you must stay positive at all times. A successful business relies on your ability to keep your head above water not only financially but mentally as well which requires a positive mindset. When you’re confident, friendly, optimistic, and happy, it’s easier to connect with your employees, customers, and other business contacts.
Say It Loud
Affirmations work best when they are spoken aloud. When you repeat and visualize affirmations, your brain is activated as if you are actually experiencing them right now. As a result, your brain will accept these statements as fact and eventually they become your reality.
Speaking affirmations are essentially a form of “fake it ‘til you make it.” By convincing your brain that your life is good, you’ll start to believe it. And with that confidence and positivity, nothing can stop you from making your dreams a reality.
Be Mindful of Your Mindset
I learned how important the mindset is to business and everyday life several years ago after reading Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki. An assessment of my own mindset caused me to realize that I had to unlearn some ideas that were passed down in my family and learn concepts that will take me where I want to go in business.
I'm a recovering "Negative Nancy." For years, I internalized just about everything negative that was said or done to me in my life. I walked around with negative thoughts hovering over me like a dark cloud which caused me to complain a lot and speak negatively almost daily. It became such a habit that I developed a negative mindset. Bad stuff kept manifesting and I wondered why. At the time, I didn’t know anything about the law of attraction. I was in my own way; my negative mindset and attitude were blocking my blessings.
That’s when I started reprogramming my mind by speaking positive affirmations over myself. Sometimes I would look in the mirror and say to my inner child things I wish were told to me when I was younger. Gradually, my mindset began to change. This is still an ongoing process.
In addition to positive affirmations, I am selective about everything I allow into my mind like what I watch, listen to or read. I also stay away from people who are like spiritual parasites that suck the life out of me.
7 Positive Affirmations
Here are 7 positive affirmations I find effective for business and life:
- I always attract money and wealth
- I believe in my dreams, myself, and my abilities
- I attract customers to my business who make frequent and repeat purchases
- I am grateful and excited to have my own business
- My life is filled with abundance.
- My challenges are actually opportunities.
- My business is successful in every way
Here are some suggestions on how you can incorporate them into your day:
- Make a habit of speaking positive affirmations daily. Morning is the best time to program your mind and attitude for the day. To turn this into a habit, connect it to something you already do every morning. For example, you can say affirmations when preparing breakfast, during your shower or driving.
- Write them on separate post-it notes and stick them around the house or office. Mirrors are good because you can see your reflection.
- Add them to your daily planner or journal.
- Set up an affirmation reminder on your phone calendar or alarm
- Make them your screensaver or background image.
Any quiet, private time can be a good moment to pause and do your affirmations.
Write Your Own
It is best to write your own affirmations because no one knows your desires better than you. Here are some tips:
- Identify a negative belief you have and write a positive statement to contradict it. For example, you may feel like your employees dislike you. A positive statement to counteract that thought could be, “I lead by example and my employees enjoy working for me.”
- Avoid negative words like “won’t,” “can’t,” “don’t,” “doesn’t,” etc.
- Write affirmations in the present tense to affirm that the statement is true right now. For example, “I constantly attract money and wealth,” instead of “I will attract money and wealth.”
- Start your statements with “I,” “My,” or your name. As the statement is about you, it will be more effective when it starts with you.
- Keep affirmations confident and short so they’ll be easy to remember.
- Don’t start your affirmations with “I need” or “I want.” The key is to speak as though the statement is already true. Affirm that you’re grateful for what is.
- Include emotion. Say how you feel about something, like “I am excited to be working with (client’s name).” The client could be one that you’re hoping to get a contract with but hasn’t happened yet.
At Pinnacle Digital Academy, we believe a positive mindset is the solid foundation your business should be built upon. All of the business savvy in the world is no substitute. If you believe in yourself and your business, others will do the same. That’s why we started our “No More” affirmation movement. “No More” represents a turning point where you make a commitment to stop doing something or do things differently. Although sticky notes with affirmations written on them are good, you can have attention-getting affirmation products that are designed to affirm yourself and inspire others without saying a word.
Check out “No More” affirmation products on our website at www.pinnacleatl.com.